My name is Jane Jackson. I am a person-centered counsellor with extensive experience working with individuals and couples. I work with a wide range of mental health issues, from stress-related issues to depression. Therapy is a non-judgemental process. Working within the framework of empathy and autonomy, therapy can be hugely beneficial to your mental health and well-being. Helping through the struggles we can face in everyday life. All that is needed is for you to reach out to make that first contact, it can be very difficult, but I am here to talk to in a confidential way.
When you feel you want things to change this is often the moment people reach out and is an important step to recovery. There is help and guidance when you are ready to make that first step. Having someone to listen in confidence allows you to express just how you feel. This can be the start of therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I focus primarily on 45 minute one-to-one individual or couples’ sessions usually once per week, but I also work or have worked with a number of organisations providing support for a variety of issues online, on the phone and face to face.
- Samaritans, Ware
- Homestart Volunteer
- Professional Training Tavistock and Portman NHS, London 2018
- THRIVE Saffron Walden Community Drop in Centre, counselling
- Professional Help, Counselling Associate, Sawbridgeworth helping recently bereaved clients 2018
- Grief Chat online bereavement counselling Service 2019
- YourMindAtEase Telephone Counsellor 2019
I am a highly qualified psychotherapist and member of the BACP. I am passionate about what I do and regularly participate in further training, webinars and conferences. In line with BACP requirements I also attend monthly supervision sessions.
- BA (hons) degree in Person Centered Therapy, Essex University
- CICS Counselling Service 2014 to 2016
- Hospice training Colchester, bereavement
If you are ready to make a change in your life or would simply like to know more about how I can help you, please get in touch today.